The SmartCompany Awards 2009 are proudly sponsored by Westpac
As Australia's first bank, Westpac has been supporting the Australian community for over 192 years. We are proud to further support the Australian Business Community through the sponsorship of SmartCompany and their 2009 awards.
Here are some other ways Westpac aims to support Australian Businesses.
- More face-to-face support - Westpac is currently hiring Business Bankers in local areas making face-to-face business banking expertise available at your doorstep. We currently have 56 specialist Business Banking Centres around the country, and will continuously increase this presence (with five to open in 2009). We're backing your business by putting more Business Bankers in local branches and business banking centres. So when you want to talk business, you'll get the personal service you deserve. And the local expertise your business needs.
- Our growth plans also extend to branches, where we will be putting in place 380 Local Business Bankers specifically trained to deal with the needs of SME businesses in their local community.
Advice and Education:
- Practical knowledge - our interactive workshops cover a range of concepts in an easy-to-follow, practical format. Since 2001, Westpac has provided financial education and advice to over 30,000 workshop participants throughout Australia.
- Financial education expertise - Westpac is the only Australian bank with an in-house team of Financial Education professionals.
- Lectern Rock - inspiration for your business. Lectern Rock is a ground-breaking new business seminar that re-focuses and re-ignites passion for your business. Mixing the music of great rock artists with the genius of this generation's leading business thinkers, Lectern Rock teaches business people about the power of building unique brands.
Convenient and valuable banking solutions
- All the expertise you need - we know that each business is unique with different banking needs, so through your business banker, you can access a team of experts to provide relevant and personalised advice on key areas like cash flow, transactional banking and international trade.
- Extended hours - to make banking more convenient, our branches are open for business on Saturdays, providing the opportunity face-to-face banking on weekends.
- Largest ATM footprint - our network of 1755 ATMs (plus a further 1100 St George/Bank SA ATMs
Visit www.westpac.com.au/business for more information on how Westpac can help your business become more successful.