It was back in 2009, when Dr James McQuivey from Forrester Research claimed that a one-minute video is worth 1.8 million words, and it’s fair to say that this kind of visual marketing is even more powerful today when it comes to connecting with customers and building your brand’s reputation.
The art of blogging, although still relevant, has become diluted in the self-marketing industry. Why? Because everyone is time-poor and rarely has the chance to read a full-length article. Enter video marketing. It’s a quick and effective way to communicate with your audience.
Watch my video blog and think about these six things before you press record:
1. Who are you targeting – make your video with your audience in mind
2. Get your content right – choose one or two main points and stick to them
3. What style you will use – will you talk to the camera or conduct an interview?
4. Quality – if you are targeting professional services you want to be taken seriously
5. Distribution – upload to your YouTube channel, send it in an email or post on social media
6. Keep it up – create a schedule as you would do with written content