You have the skills and the qualifications, although for some reason (or no reason) you aren’t offered a promotion. Stop waiting for opportunity to knock on your door and go and create your own.
The most powerful thing you can do when requesting a promotion is to be prepared, and this week’s video blog outlines six simple strategies:
Get daily business news.
The latest stories, funding information, and expert advice. Free to sign up.
Remember, it’s important to:
• Build relationships with key decision makers.
• Work smarter – only take on extra projects that are crucial to the business’s success.
• Track your achievements so you can talk about them whenever you need to.
• Dress for the position you want – ditch the ripped jeans if you want to get ahead.
• Don’t pigeonhole yourself – be strategic and use your lunchtime to meet people who might be able to assist your request.
• Have an ace up your sleeve – consider an external role if you can’t secure the one you want internally.