Leaders are visionaries, they can make or break a business – so it’s important they are connected and communicating effectively.
People want to buy from trusted brands and trusted people, and the only way to build that trust is through regular and honest communication.
As a leader, people are relying on you to show them the way, so if you are lacking in the skill set then your team will suffer.
Here are a few tips on how to connect effectively:
So to summarise, you can connect yourself to a successful business career and life by following these tips:
- You can’t connect until you know who you are – so ask yourself, what is your brand and what do you offer?
- Don’t give up – remember that it takes time to network and build relationships.
- Don’t neglect your relationships. Put in the effort and nurture your connections – whether it’s online or in person.
- Make sure you are genuine – people will soon catch on if you are not being honest.
- Consider everyone – leaders can sometimes get caught up in the next step and the strategic partners that are relevant to making it happen. Remember, don’t neglect the smaller, often most crucial but sometimes overlooked, members of your team
Amanda Rose is passionate about helping others find their niche, strategically connecting them and sharing exclusive tips. Her weekly video blog, Smart Connections, uncovers the insider’s guide to a happy and successful business and life.
You can help us (and help yourself)
Small and medium businesses and startups have never needed credible, independent journalism and information more than now.
That’s our job at SmartCompany: to keep you informed with the news, interviews and analysis you need to manage your way through this unprecedented crisis.
Now, there’s a way you can help us keep doing this: by becoming a SmartCompany supporter.
Even a small contribution will help us to keep doing the journalism that keeps Australia’s entrepreneurs informed.