The elevator pitch: the art of talking about yourself
Wednesday, November 29, 2017/
Wednesday, 7 February
What is an elevator pitch? It’s a brief, persuasive speech that sparks interest in yourself or an idea that gets other people as excited (if not more) than you!
In this class, hosted by General Assembly, we’ll go through the pitching process from start to finish. Beginning with understanding the importance of clearly articulating yourself, your purpose and when to use it. You’ll then learn how to create a pitch from scratch by identifying your objective and communicating your unique selling point (USP) knowing your goals for a successful outcome.
- Understand the psychology of pitching and presentations and learn the importance of communicating your unique selling point (USP).
- Develop a structured framework for preparing your pitch.
- Review and discuss different opportunities to use the elevator pitch.
- Incorporate and practice simple to follow rules for delivering effective pitches.
- Gain self-confidence in any presentation situation.
Feel the churn: How to bounce back after losing staff and clients Sue Parker DARE Group founder
Own it: The 10 things you need to do to manage your personal brand Lisa Stephenson Who Am I Projects founder
How to call your team into action with a winning presentation Emma Bannister Presentation Studio founder
The link between diet and mental health — and how to eat your way to wellbeing Kate Save Be Fit Food co-founder
From interactive videos to AI: The five marketing trends that will dominate 2019 Warwick Boulter Collaboro co-founder
Australia is leading the legaltech revolution, but what does this mean for lawyers, firms and clients? Jodie Baker Xakia founder
Why a video news release needs to be part of your PR strategy Leisa Goddard Adoni Media managing director
Want to catch more customers? Here's how to create a super sales funnel Jovana Vujnic Bumper Leads founder