The elevator pitch: the art of talking about yourself
Wednesday, 7 February
What is an elevator pitch? It’s a brief, persuasive speech that sparks interest in yourself or an idea that gets other people as excited (if not more) than you!
In this class, hosted by General Assembly, we’ll go through the pitching process from start to finish. Beginning with understanding the importance of clearly articulating yourself, your purpose and when to use it. You’ll then learn how to create a pitch from scratch by identifying your objective and communicating your unique selling point (USP) knowing your goals for a successful outcome.
- Understand the psychology of pitching and presentations and learn the importance of communicating your unique selling point (USP).
- Develop a structured framework for preparing your pitch.
- Review and discuss different opportunities to use the elevator pitch.
- Incorporate and practice simple to follow rules for delivering effective pitches.
- Gain self-confidence in any presentation situation.
Accounting software does not underpay staff — humans do Stacey Price Healthy Business Finances founder
Google has updated its search algorithm: Say hello to BERT Lucas Bikowski SEO Shark managing director
Five ways to mentally prepare for the brutal capital-raising process Stacey Fisher Minnow Designs co-owner
You are not your job: Four work-life balance tips to ease you into Christmas Jackie Rahilly Appoint co-founder
Ignoring your ‘obnoxious roommate’: What this founder learnt when she met Arianna Huffington Michelle Gallaher ShareRoot CEO