Family secrets: The evolving dynamic of family businesses
Family businesses operate like no other. With the usual stress of business operations, trying to get by day-to-day, while also managing the different family dynamics, family businesses face challenges other small businesses don’t need to consider.
SmartCompany is hosting a webinar panel of family businesses to discuss what challenges they face in today’s business climate.
The panel will will explore the following questions:
- How do you manage differing opinions?
- Do you have a succession plan? If yes, what does that look like? If not, why not?
- When considering new hires, do you prioritise family members? Can you tell us a bit more about why or why not?
- How do you tackle the question of change? (i.e. traditional approaches to business that have brought success in the past, vs trying something new.)
These questions and more will be answered by our panel.
- John Kimbell, NAS Australia managing director
- Basil Karam, Life Interiors chief executive
- Jason Kencevski, Speedmaster chief executive
- Jason Toshack, Oracle NetSuite general manager ANZ
- Matthew Elmas, SmartCompany news editor
Date: Tuesday, 29 October 2019
Time: 2.30pm – 3.30pm
Six things Kate Save wishes she knew before she started Be Fit Food (and went on Shark Tank) Kate Save Be Fit Food co-founder
'Seen, heard, loved': A step-by-step guide to growing your social media presence Bianka Velevska Brand.ing founder
Three ways to advertise ingestible hemp products that don't involve Facebook Georgia Branch Hemple co-founder
How digital marketing will change in 2020 James Lawrence Rocket co-founder