IWD 2020: Negotiate your salary like a boss
Join the co-founder and CEO of Verve Super, Christina Hobbs, for a free workshop on how to negotiate your salary. This workshop is held in celebration of International Women’s Day to encourage every woman to close the gender pay gap.
Does the idea of negotiating for money make you cringe?
Do you have trouble figuring out what your worth is in the job market and how to command that in your existing/desired role?
Are you lost on where to start when preparing for a negotiation conversation?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this workshop is for you!
In this experiential and interactive workshop, you’ll learn the keys to identifying how to prepare for a salary negotiation conversation.
We will walk through negotiation tactics for two main scenarios.
- When you are interviewing for a job in a new organisation.
- When you currently hold a position in an organisation and would like a raise and/or additional benefits or change in your role.
This session is part of GA Melbourne’s International Women’s Day programming 2-6 March 2020 — a whole week of panel discussion events, masterclasses and practical workshops to support and celebrate women’s careers, education and business ventures.
It is inclusive of all women (trans and cis), as well as non-binary and gender-non-conforming people, and we welcome all genders to join in. Everyone who supports education and the careers of women in business and tech is welcome to attend.
- Learn about the gender wage gap, including its long-term consequences.
- Get tips on how to conduct objective market research and determine a fair target salary.
- Engage in exercises to help you become more comfortable with a salary negotiation discussion.
- Get confidence on how to follow through your negotiation goals despite your fears.