Lessons learnt: What I wish I’d known when I started my business
Former Smart50 Award winners reveal what they would have done differently when starting their business.
Join us at this free SmartCompany event to hear from our panel of small business owners and experts on what they wish they could tell their younger selves and discover how you can skip the guesswork from the start.
The panel will share their insights on the following three stages of running a small business:
- Foundation: Get your small business up and running with the least amount of fuss.
- Growth: Find the key areas to focus on and how to start getting access to more funding.
- Maturity: Look at how you can push into new markets, start franchising or maybe it’s time to sell.
Hear from businesses including San Churro Chocolateria, Mountain Bikes Direct, Global Surf Industries and Elmo Software.
See the lineup for your state and book your free ticket today:
- Brisbane CBD – Tuesday, 13 November, 7.30am–9.30am
- Melbourne CBD – Thursday, 15 November, 7.30am–9.30am
- Sydney CBD – Friday, 16 November, 7.30am–9.30am
Sponsored by Oracle Netsuite.
Social media mishaps: Why businesses should think twice before cracking jokes online Catriona Pollard CP Communications founder
An ‘opportunity-hunting’ generation: Here's what millennial workers need and want Karen Gately Corporate Dojo founder
Spilling the beans: Why inviting someone to 'grab a coffee' is disingenuous and unnecessary Sue Parker DARE Group founder
Why success is simple, motivational speakers suck and Eye of The Tiger is dead to me Ian Whitworth Scene Change co-founder
How Emily McWaters manages her Sydney-based business from Kangaroo Island Emily McWaters The Hamper Emporium chief
Why 'Orwellian' performance monitoring is crucial to building an ethical company culture Michael Kodari Kodari Securities chief