Australia’s biggest 10 companies
Wednesday, November 21, 2007/
For the fourth year in a row, BHP Billiton is Australia’s largest company by revenue, according to the BRW Top 1000, compiled by IBISWorld. The top 10 – with the exception of Coles, NAB and Telstra –enjoyed strong revenue growth thanks to the mining boom and the strong economic conditions of the past year.
Currently, the top 10 looks like this:
- BHP Billiton – revenue $55,942 million, up 21.4%.
- Woolworths – revenue $42,586 million, up 12.6%.
- National Australia Bank – revenue $38,235 million, up 3.9%.
- Coles Group – revenue $34,814 million, up 1.5%.
- Commonwealth Bank – revenue $33,169 million, up 16.1%.
- ANZ Banking Group – revenue $30,293 million, up 18.7%.
- Rio Tinto – revenue $28,497 million, up 18%.
- Westpac Banking Corporation – revenue $25,935 million, up 19.7%.
- Telstra – revenue $23,709 million, up 4.3%.
- Caltex Australia – revenue $18,667 million, up 17.4%.
IBISWorld general manager (Australia) Jason Baker said further down the list engineering, recruitment, catering, and utilities industries were doing well.
Accounting software does not underpay staff — humans do Stacey Price Healthy Business Finances founder
Google has updated its search algorithm: Say hello to BERT Lucas Bikowski SEO Shark managing director
Five ways to mentally prepare for the brutal capital-raising process Stacey Fisher Minnow Designs co-owner
You are not your job: Four work-life balance tips to ease you into Christmas Jackie Rahilly Appoint co-founder
Ignoring your ‘obnoxious roommate’: What this founder learnt when she met Arianna Huffington Michelle Gallaher ShareRoot CEO