If you weren’t invited to the 2020 summit, you can still make a submission – 1051 have been made on the subject of the economy alone. And The Australian Financial Review has sifted through many of them and picked out some of the more interesting suggestions:
- Build cities on agriculturally unsustainable land and preserve coastal farms where there is good soil and high rainfall.
- All newly built homes should have large underground concrete water tanks built under them.
- Build a veranda extension covering the whole east coast.
- Ask the Productivity Commission to conduct an investigation into the benefits of legal regulated availability of recreational drugs.
- Allow overnight stays in shopping centre car parks for grey nomads.
For details and to read all the submissions see the Government’s 2020 website.