How to run a successful email marketing campaign
Keep your customers happy
- Allow convenient ways for customers to unsubscribe.
- Avoid long-winded registration forms. Instead use a simple sign-up form where customers only have to supply an email address.
- Customise content as much as possible.
- Deliver something special in your email. Offer exclusive deals and great offers in emails, not just an ad for your company.
Beat that spam filter: Tips from returnity
- An average of 30% of genuine, permission-based emails do not make it into the “in” box.
- Ask your customers to add your form address to their address book.
- Acquire and remove names responsibly.
- Monitor your email campaign delivery rates.
- Create messages that are compatible across all the platforms including Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo and gmail.
- Set up whitelist (the opposite of an email blacklist) and feedback loops with the major ISPs.