Over 10 years of research and insights generated from working closely with market leading organisations and thousands of salespeople has taught us a lot at BOOM!
Namely, what the best-of-the-best (in the world) do and what most (the average) don’t.
Nearly all markets are competitive, that’s a given. Yet, the most experienced of us all know what the real enemy is — wasted time!
Time is our most precious and finite resource. So why then do so many of us either devalue or blatantly waste our time?
Whether you realise it or not, there are some telltale signs that you or your sales team are wasting your organisation’s precious time and money.
The seven deadly time-wasting sins:
- Salespeople having the right conversation with the wrong customers (no clearly defined target-market);
- Salespeople having the wrong conversation with the right customer (no consistent sales process or method);
- Salespeople without accountability or consequences (no measurement);
- Salespeople not possessing a genuine belief in what they sell (no passion!);
- Hiring the wrong people and providing them with limited training and no ongoing coaching (no development or support);
- An inability to say no, leading to salespeople giving away their time and your IP for free (no tangible risk); and
- No structured follow-up process (no care).
There are of course more, but none are more sinister than these sins. Our experience tells us that living with even one of these seven deadly sins will dramatically hinder your business growth and performance.
Two or more and you’re going straight to hell! (just kidding!)
Are your salespeople living in sin?
If so, you should support and encourage them to confess and explain why, so you can cleanse and address these sins immediately!