We’re hiring a production editor
Monday, May 18, 2015/
We’re looking for someone with a keen interest in business, startup and tech journalism. They need a high level of English language skill, exceptional online subbing skills, a knowledge of SEO functionality and the ability to work with content management systems. Social media savvy and writing skills are also highly desirable as there is an opportunity to write for StartupSmart and contribute to the social media presence of both SmartCompany and StartupSmart.
Specific tasks include:
- Checking content before loading onto SmartCompany and StartupSmart;
- Tagging and adding hyperlinks to stories and selecting and uploading relevant photographs to create enticing content;
- Improving SmartCompany and StartupSmart‘s SEO functionality
- Assisting the sub editor in creating enticing headlines and sparkling copy;
- Keeping a close eye on Google and MailChimp analytics with a view to informing how we grow SmartCompany and StartupSmart’s audience;
- Assisting in the management of StartupSmart and SmartCompany’s social media accounts;
- Writing a news article for StartupSmart on a daily basis;
- Scheduling social media posts.
- Excellent knowledge of correct grammar and ability to research quickly;
- Knowledge of Google and MailChimp analytics;
- Ability to use all social media platforms to engage in conversation with SmartCompany and StartupSmart’s audiences and to help promote content;
- Ability to work as part of a team under tight time demands;
- A positive, proactive approach; and
- Ability to write clean, entertaining copy under deadline.
Additional skills that would be useful:
- Knowledge of the Joomla content management system and MailChimp email system.
- An interest in business, startup and tech journalism.
Please send your cover letter and CV through to [email protected] – Applications close on Friday 29th May.
Social media mishaps: Why businesses should think twice before cracking jokes online Catriona Pollard CP Communications founder
An ‘opportunity-hunting’ generation: Here's what millennial workers need and want Karen Gately Corporate Dojo founder
Spilling the beans: Why inviting someone to 'grab a coffee' is disingenuous and unnecessary Sue Parker DARE Group founder
The 10 most unemployable job titles on LinkedIn Ian Whitworth Scene Change co-founder
How Emily McWaters manages her Sydney-based business from Kangaroo Island Emily McWaters The Hamper Emporium chief
Why 'Orwellian' performance monitoring is crucial to building an ethical company culture Michael Kodari Kodari Securities chief