Wow, what an intense time I’ve had at the latest TEC conference! I’ve come back inspired, and brimming with useful sayings and expressions!!
The learned and the learners!!
Last week I spent two days at our annual TEC (The Executive Connection) conference. For those of you who don’t know TEC, its mission is ‘To enhance the lives and increase the effectiveness of CEOs’.
Get daily business news.
The latest stories, funding information, and expert advice. Free to sign up.
Being a TEC chair is one of my business activities and what I enjoyed most about the two days was the intense learnings, both from the resource speakers and the other chairs.
I admit I am really like a dry sponge when it comes to sayings and expressions that I like (need) so I thought I would just share a few TEC conference thoughts with you:
- The learners inherit the world; the learned are equipped to work in a world that no longer exists.
- You teach what you need to learn most.
- Who you are speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
- Listen – in that word is hidden ‘silent’!
- The problem you name is the problem you solve.
- Life is the childhood of immortality.
- Maturity = the willingness to take responsibility.
- If you don’t have a sense of humour it’s just not funny!
- How long do you have? The rest of your life, not one minute longer.
- Living a life that matters does not happen by accident.
- Choose a life that matters.
- Worry and anxiety have nothing to do with the present.
- Courage = to stand by my heart.
- People leave for organisational reasons; they stay for personal reasons.
- Never give up. Get back up.
- Wisdom is the relinquishment of judgement.
- I have survived all the decisions I have made to get here.
Please shamelessly steal any of these thoughts as I have done and pass them on to someone who would enjoy them!
To read more Marcia Griffin blogs, click here.
Bonita Trenwith writes: A thought which might enhance the lives of CEOs… free recruitment and company advertising.