Keeping your finger on the pulse whilst running a business is tricky. Radio presenter and celeb entrepreneur Jules Lund is keeping especially busy since the launch of his marketing app Tribe, which helps connect businesses with celebrity influencers.
For entrepreneurs and business owners to stay motivated, he gives this advice: audiobooks.
Jules told SmartCompany he listens to audiobooks whenever he has the chance and has shared his top five picks from Audible.com.au for fellow entrepreneurs – including one by fellow Aussie, The Entourage founder Jack Delosa.
1. UnProfessional: How a 26-year-old University Dropout Became a Self-made Millionaire – written and narrated by Jack Delosa
University dropout Delosa was a self-made millionaire by the age of 22. He is the founder of MBE Education and more recently, The Entourage, a business that supports young entrepreneurs. In UnProfessional he reflects on his experiences, failings and offers practical how-to advice.
2. The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses – written and narrated by Eric Ries.
Statistically, most startups fail but the ‘lean startup approach’ of continuously testing, adapting and adjusting their ideas has become increasingly popular. This hugely popular book from Ries lays out his scientific approach to creating and managing startups.
3. How to Win Friends and Influence People – written by Dale Carnegie and narrated by Andrew MacMillan
The epitome of self-help business books, Carnegie’s book has become a revered classic selling more than 15 million copies worldwide since 1936. It promises to offer you solid, tested advice promises to get you out of a mental rut and increase popularity.
4. Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal – written and narrated by Oren Claff
Claff tells readers his technique to deliver a winning pitch in any business situation. His guide is designed for everyone from investors, clients, or even negotiating a higher salary. Claff claims his technique has raised $400 million dollars over the past 13 years.
5. The Virgin Way: How to Listen, Learn, Laugh, and Lead – written by Richard Branson and narrated by Adrian Mulraney
In this book Branson covers his 40 years in building the Virgin Group, peppered with anecdotes from his business dealings and observations of who has inspired him. The iconic businessman shares tips and reveals the essential qualities that enable success today.