Tis the season to be funny, sweet and nice
Friday, December 21, 2007/
In my business of helping others in the act of giving, I witness inspiring sentiments. Here are some special words to share…
Tis the season to be funny, sweet and nice
Problem: I’m sitting here looking at a blank screen and my mind is just as blank. Hence it is time for words from others.
I feel absolutely humbled by the amazing people that I work with… I might give them a vision – but they are truly passionate about what we do. So far this season more than 30,000 people will get a Christmas gift from RedBalloon Days. That is a lot of pleasure we’ve been giving – but it doesn’t happen without the love, dedication and persistence of the whole team.
We have been listening to the stories of what people get up to – the difference that we make to other people. Emily, who has been sending our vouchers with love for more than a year, has shared some of the great things that people write on their vouchers.
This is why we do what we do… It is wonderful to see first hand the love that people share:
- I wanted to give you something special for Christmas baby, as you are the most wonderful gift I could ever have. I am so grateful that you are in my life and I truly love you with all my heart. I thank God each day for blessing my life with you Lachlan. Enjoy and have lots of fun, gorgeous!
- I love you so much and thank you for giving me the honour of spending the rest of my life with you. I also want to thank you for making me the happiest man alive.
- Words cannot explain what you mean to me so I thought a star would help. Merry Christmas. Looking forward to spending many more with you. Lots of love.
- Love can be wild and love can be rocky.
So as you drive ’round in your fourbie
I’d like to show my love for you
With something new for you to do
Through splashing creeks, up sandy hills
There are many ways to get your thrills
Enjoy yourself, have fun – yipee!
Then come home to MORE fun with me!
- Merry Christmas babe!! I was thinking for a while what would be the ideal present for you on our first Christmas together and I also wanted us to remember it. This seemed to be the best thing because we both can experience it together!
- Happy Christmas. I hope all your wildest dreams come true during the next year. Thank you for all your love and support. It means the world to me. Thank you for choosing to be part of my life. I value it immensely. Love, Your Son.
- Love you with all my heart, you make me feel like I am flying! 500 billion. Love forever xxoo.
And this one on the art of giving:
- Somewhere, somehow, the kindness of another person has changed your life for the better. Even a small kindness can make a big impact. Give with love. It is by giving that you make room to receive even more.
Christmas does not end when the gifts have all been opened and the celebrations finished. The story of Christmas is a story of new birth, promise, love and hope.
Thanks to Charmain Terry for this message.
All the best for the season – I’ll be off until the end of January….
Naomi Simson is the founder and CEO (Chief Experiences Officer) of RedBalloon Days, Naomi is passionate about pleasure! Backed by enthusiasm, energy and drive and recently named one of Australia’s best bosses (Australia’s Marketing Employer of Choice), the Entrepreneurs Organisation (Sydney Chapter) President 2007 – 2008 and mother of two, Naomi also inspires others as a regular speaker, writes a blog and has recently completed her first book. To read more Naomi Simson blogs, click here.
Be honest about your situation: How vulnerability helps businesses thrive Sue Parker DARE Group founder
Own it: The 10 things you need to do to manage your personal brand Lisa Stephenson Who Am I Projects founder
Six invaluable lessons: What 20 years in aged care taught me about being an entrepreneur Natasha Chadwick NewDirection Care founder
An entrepreneurial superpower: Eight tips to help develop resilience Adala Bolto ZADI Training co-founder
Going through a lull? Five areas you should invest in when sales drop Tamara Alaveras and Sonia Majkic 3 Phase Marketing co-founders
Stop telling us how busy you are, it's boring and charmless Ian Whitworth Scene Change co-founder
Blandification™ and the state of modern branding Jeffrey Oley The Offices co-founder
Why you should find the right role for the right person — not the other way around Bruce Stronge Outfit founder