Two Aussies make Fortune’s list of the World’s 50 Greatest Leaders
Tuesday, March 29, 2016/
Two australians have been included in Fortune‘s third annual list of the World’s 50 Greatest Leaders.
Former Australian of the Year Rosie Batty has been ranked 33rd on the list, while Mina Guli, chief executive of Thirst, has been ranked 45th.
The list comprises men and women who Fortune says are leading and inspiring others in business, government, philanthropy and the arts.
Batty is well known to Australians for her work raising awareness of family violence and is the founder of the Luke Batty Foundation.
Guli, 45, is a corporate-lawyer-turned-activist. She launched Thirst to educate consumers about water conservation and this year she ran 40 marathons across seven deserts in seven continents in seven weeks, finishing on World Water Day on March 22.
Taking out first place on the list is Amazon chief executive Jeff Bezos, beating out German Chancellor Angela Merkel for the top spot.
Also making this year’s list are entrepreneur Reshma Saujani, founder and chief executive of Girls who Code, at number 20 on the list and Salesforce chief executive Mark Benioff at number 37.
Here’s the top 10 World’s Greatest Leaders, according to Fortune.
- Jeff Bezos, chief executive of Amazon;
- Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany;
- Aung San Suu Kyi, Leader of the National League for Democracy;
- Pope Francis, Pontiff, Roman Catholic Church;
- Tim Cook, chief executive of Apple;
- John Legend, recording artist and activist for the Show Me Campaign;
- Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change;
- Paul Ryan, Speaker of the US House of Representatives;
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court; and
- Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh
The full list is available from Fortune here.
Six things Kate Save wishes she knew before she started Be Fit Food (and went on Shark Tank) Kate Save Be Fit Food co-founder
'Seen, heard, loved': A step-by-step guide to growing your social media presence Bianka Velevska Brand.ing founder
Three ways to advertise ingestible hemp products that don't involve Facebook Georgia Branch Hemple co-founder
How digital marketing will change in 2020 James Lawrence Rocket co-founder