(Work related email, that is.)
Do you want to be known as someone accountable, dependable and on top of their email game?
You get an email and you either:
What will the election mean to you?
Sign up to our free newsletter, including this weekend’s coverage of the election.
- deal with it (ie: do it, delete it, reply to it), or..
- you acknowledge it with a time frame as to when you’ll get it done and you put some sort of reminder in place (whether it’s a diary task, putting the email into a folder, a manual note – whatever works) so that you stay accountable to that time frame.
You do not:
- read email
- re-read email later on
- re-read email and stress about not having done it yet
- accidentally file email into a “to do” folder and forget it
- keep the email without acknowledging it to the person you got it from
- re-read the email (again)
Kirsty Dunphey is the youngest ever Australian Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year, author of two books and a passionate entrepreneur who started her first business at age 15 and opened her own real estate agency at 21.