As most of the digital world fixates on the pursuit of mass audiences, there’s an even more valuable commodity: quality audiences. This is Private Media territory. Our portfolio of specialist digital brands connects with truly engaged readers who depend on our journalism to understand the issues that matter in their professional and personal lives. This portfolio includes Crikey, The Mandarin and SmartCompany.
At SmartCompany, we have built a market leading brand reaching Australia’s entrepreneurs, startup founders and small business owners. This audience comes to us for inspiration and advice on how to survive and thrive in the modern economy.
We have recently relaunched the brand, with a refreshed focus on championing Australia’s small business community and giving them the tools and resources they need to survive and thrive in today’s economy. We will also be launching a number of new digital and live products in the months ahead.
We are looking for an amazing brand partnerships manager to join our sales team as we prepare for a heavy period of new editorial launches.
This is an ideal role for someone with a couple of years’ experience at a publishing company, advertising agency or other related field. The brand partnerships manager will work closely with the associate publisher to grow partnerships and advertising revenue. Whilst you don’t have to have experience working at a publisher in an advertising sales role, it would be an advantage, and you should have experience in some sort of sales capacity.
Key tasks will include
- Identifying potential advertising clients (new and lapsed accounts) and approaching with sales opportunities.
- Attending sales meetings to present partnership opportunities.
- Liaise with clients and advertising agencies to develop opportunities over email and phone, and assist in closing these opportunities.
- Some creation of sales collateral (decks and insertion orders) though design help is available.
- Strong attention to detail and organisation.
- Good pitching.
- Awareness of the web and platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Some experience of video and audio production and/or sponsorship, though not essential.
- Ability to work with G Suite products (docs, slides and sheets), though not essential.
- Fast moving — we aren’t perfectionists, and value initiative and drive over hierarchy.
- Focused on the positive contribution of small businesses and the startup community.
- Ideas based — we are a fairly nerdy team with diverse interests.
- Positive — we love what we do and it’s important to us that all team members feel motivated and enjoy working here. We are looking for a great team player who can be part of our next chapter of growth.
This is an exciting time as we launch a number of new products. For the right candidate, this role will be an opportunity to learn every day and see a real consequence to all their hard work.
Close date: Sunday, May 9
Close time: 11:59PM AEST
Email: [email protected]
To apply, please send through a resume and cover letter to [email protected].