Does three months free co-working space and mentoring sound appealing? Early-stage startups looking for co-working space in Queensland are encouraged to apply for River City Labs Sponsored Entrepreneur Program.
The program, sponsored by financial services provider CUA, gives five entrepreneurs a free three-month mentoring experience from August until October at River City Labs. That includes full-time desk membership at the Fortitude Valley startup hub, access to River City Labs training and networking events, and a number of additional benefits, including legal, marketing and PR recommendations.
River City Labs Community Manager Josh Anthony says the goal of the program is to provide a landing spot for early-stage entrepreneurs to help boost the number of startups in Queensland, and give corporates a way to access innovation.
Anthony says the startups benefited significantly from mentoring. It was where Pinar Parry landed after making the jump from a career in banking. By the end of the three month program her startup Playdate Australia had grown from an idea to a business over 2000 active users. The most recent version of the program finished in May and saw Zenva Academy, an online mobile game development course startup, close a $30,000 Kickstarter campaign.
“It’s really exciting that we are in a position to keep these Sponsored Entrepreneur Programs running,” Anthony says.
“A free, three-month mentorship is a fantastic opportunity for an early-stage startup to really Kickstart and grow their business, and take advantage of all the perks and benefits that come out of joining a co-working community.”
CUA general manager, business transformation and technology, Sue Coulter, says the program gives the business access to some of Queensland’s best and brightest entrepreneurs.
“CUA is very focused on enhancing and expanding our digital capabilities and the mobile and online services we provide to customers, and this relationship with River City Labs is just one example of how we’re investing in innovation,” she says.
Key Criteria for the applicants:
1. Entrepreneurs can apply as individuals or as members of a startup team.
2. Entrepreneurs must have proof they have started working on their idea/business via a current prototype, website, operating business.
3. Applications are open to entrepreneurs of all ages, gender, background and experience.
4. Current and past members of River City Labs are eligible to apply.
5. Entrepreneurs must be available to commit to work on their business on a full-time basis (minimum five days per week for the three month period) to develop their business further.
6. Entrepreneurs must be willing to share challenges, problems, and hurdles with the River City Labs community to access help from startup peers and mentors.
7. Entrepreneurs must be willing to share their startup journey, story and personal business profile with the River City Labs Program representative and sponsor representative for publicity and marketing purposes.
8. No Non-Disclosure Agreements will be signed as part of this program.
Applications close Friday July 24. You can apply here.