The rapidly-changing world of media offers tremendous opportunities for commercially-focused innovative marketers. We are looking for a smart up-and-comer with marketing and advertising nous who wants to play a big role in the brave new world of digital media.
This role, as assistant commercial manager for SmartCompany and StartupSmart, is essential to the revenue delivery of Australia’s two market-leading websites for small and medium business owners and startups. It is a role for a confident self-starter who wants to work with a publishing team devoted to developing innovative marketing solutions around creative content as well as traditional display campaigns.
The right person will have a fascination for digital media and marketing, will think creatively about commercial solutions in a digital media ecosystem, will relish the challenge of being part of the development of the new media business model, and will be ambitious to forge a career in the fast-paced digital publishing industry.
Previous positions may have included content strategist, junior account manager with a digital agency, media sales, digital marketer, event coordinator… you tell us. While a proven sales record with digital sales experience in the B2B space would be advantageous, the right fit for this role may be new to media sales.
Get business news first
Sign up to SmartCompany’s daily newsletter
The position entails:
- Building and nurturing positive working relationships with our partners, including responding to briefs and identifying growth opportunities
- Ongoing business development (emails, proactive efforts, networking, existing relationships, agency meetings) to build new partnerships online and via other channels
- Working closely with the publisher and other commercial managers, participating in meetings and project/campaign management and reporting
- Remaining abreast of current and new digital and traditional partnership trends and activations
- Strategic planning of long-term partner opportunities
- Contribute to commercial recommendations internally for new product development to increase revenue opportunities
The ideal candidate we are seeking:
- Someone who can work towards allocated budgets, and focus on meeting agreed key performance indicators
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to establish credibility quickly
- Highly organised with an impeccable attention to detail and a determination to achieve
- An ability to see beyond the obvious solutions and explore the unexplored
- Highly passionate and collaborative attitude
- Analytical and numerical skills for reviewing and evaluating new opportunities
- Confidence in presenting ideas and pitching to clients
- Excellent listening skills and the knack to interpret client needs
- Put audience and commercial partners at the heart of everything you do
To apply, email: [email protected] Applications close June 3rd.