The rapidly-changing world of media offers tremendous opportunities for commercially-focused innovative marketers. We are looking for a smart up-and-comer with marketing and advertising nous who wants to play a big role in the brave new world of digital media.
This role, as assistant commercial manager for SmartCompany and StartupSmart, is essential to the revenue delivery of Australia’s two market-leading websites for small and medium business owners and startups. It is a role for a confident self-starter who wants to work with a publishing team devoted to developing innovative marketing solutions around creative content as well as traditional display campaigns.
The right person will have a fascination for digital media and marketing, will think creatively about commercial solutions in a digital media ecosystem, will relish the challenge of being part of the development of the new media business model, and will be ambitious to forge a career in the fast-paced digital publishing industry.
Previous positions may have included content strategist, junior account manager with a digital agency, media sales, digital marketer, event coordinator… you tell us. While a proven sales record with digital sales experience in the B2B space would be advantageous, the right fit for this role may be new to media sales.
The position entails:
- Building and nurturing positive working relationships with our partners, including responding to briefs and identifying growth opportunities
- Ongoing business development (emails, proactive efforts, networking, existing relationships, agency meetings) to build new partnerships online and via other channels
- Working closely with the publisher and other commercial managers, participating in meetings and project/campaign management and reporting
- Remaining abreast of current and new digital and traditional partnership trends and activations
- Strategic planning of long-term partner opportunities
- Contribute to commercial recommendations internally for new product development to increase revenue opportunities
The ideal candidate we are seeking:
- Someone who can work towards allocated budgets, and focus on meeting agreed key performance indicators
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to establish credibility quickly
- Highly organised with an impeccable attention to detail and a determination to achieve
- An ability to see beyond the obvious solutions and explore the unexplored
- Highly passionate and collaborative attitude
- Analytical and numerical skills for reviewing and evaluating new opportunities
- Confidence in presenting ideas and pitching to clients
- Excellent listening skills and the knack to interpret client needs
- Put audience and commercial partners at the heart of everything you do
To apply, email: [email protected] Applications close June 3rd.