Aaarrrgghhhh! Don’t you hate it when you get stuck in a meeting that gets so wildly sidetracked that you totally forget what the meeting was originally supposed to be about?
There’s absolutely nothing Old Taksmaster hates more, so I have decided to put in place some strict rules to ensure meetings run properly and to time.
You are going to do the same.
Here are some simple ideas:
- Meetings will start at an odd time, such as 10:07am. If you are late, you are locked out.
- Meetings will involve standing room only. Sitting down and getting comfortable encourages people to keep meetings going.
- Have an agenda and stick to it. If something else comes up, it can be addressed outside the meeting or in another meeting.
- Make meetings as brief as possible.
- End the meeting on time. End of discussion.
- Come out of the meeting with a list of actions that people are made accountable for.
Meetings are like vacuums that suck up time and resources. It’s time for a crackdown.
Get it done – today!