With the Australian dollar shooting towards 29-year highs, it’s time for entrepreneurs to renew their efforts to unlock savings using the currency.
The savings could be everywhere – equipment, raw materials, software and technology that can be ordered from overseas are probably the really big ticket items.
Get daily business news.
The latest stories, funding information, and expert advice. Free to sign up.
But there could be plenty of smaller savings – if you know where to look.
So get your team together and have an Australian dollar brainstorm.
- Get the IT team to think about what they could order from overseas.
- Ask the purchasing department to look at supply contracts. If cheaper suppliers can’t be found, at least put some pressure on suppliers you know buy from overseas to give you a better deal.
- Ask your office manager to look at stationery savings. A year’s supply of pens may well be cheaper from the US.
- If you’ve been planning some staff training, buy the materials from overseas.
- If you’ve been hoping to upgrade some of your promotion materials, why not ask a US supplier for a quote.
I bet plenty of your staff are shopping overseas already and will have some great ideas.
Get it done – today!