The nine successful startups were chosen following a three day bootcamp where 30 shortlisted applicants were assessed.
Get business news first
Sign up to SmartCompany’s daily newsletter
The startups taking part in Germinate 6 include:
- Audeara: rapid and remote hearing diagnosis
- App Company: Tracking life’s journeys
- myRumbl: Smart food distribution
- CloudPoint: Cloud platform integration for SMEs
- MyShopInternational: International affiliated shopping
- A.M 3D Industries: A startup working in the fitness industry
- Evolving Machine Intelligence: Big data pattern recognition and control for enterprise
- Street Eats: Street food ordering disruption
- ModHub: Global analytics sharing for engineers
Ilab director Bernie Woodcroft says the ilab team of mentors and judges are always inspired to see the creativity and dedication of entrepreneurs, and this latest group was no exception.
“There is huge entrepreneurial energy on show during the bootcamp weekend and to be part of that is a privilege,” he says.
“All startups, not just those who are successful in getting entry to Germinate 6, get tremendous value from their experience.
“Over the bootcamp weekend, the startups grow and morph in response to questions, other founders, pitching challenges and mentor guidance.”
Audeara co-founder Dr Callum Potts says the bootcamp was a fantastic experience.
“The mentors and entrepreneurs-in-residence are there to give you bluntly practical information, and their advice embodies the ‘lean’ mantra,” he says.
“We improved by orders of magnitude each day – just when you think you’re getting comfortable in your approach, confronting and challenging new advice comes along and you’re improving by another order of magnitude.”
The ilab germinate program commences on November 24 and will run for two months.