We’re coming up towards the end of the first quarter, so I’m starting to plan my little mini-break.
Things are just too busy for me to take more than a few days off. Instead, I am creating a four-day break by adding a Friday and a Monday to my weekend.
Here’s how I will be structuring my time:
- On Friday, I’ll be switching off the phone and disconnecting the email. I’ll drive down the beach, eat a big lunch and go for a big walk. I’ll return at cocktail hour and enjoy a few quiet drinks.
- On Saturday, I’m still well out of the work world. Another walk, a spa treatment (even Taskmasters like a relaxing massage), perhaps a few hours in a book, maybe a movie, a nice dinner – this is all about relaxing.
- On Sunday, I’m off again for another walk, but this time I’ll allow myself to think about work. Specifically, I’ll be thinking of some personal goals I want to achieve in the quarter ahead. I’ll write them down, so the thinking time results in some action. More relaxing.
- On Monday, I’m walking again, this time thinking broadly about company goals. I’ll write these down and use them as the agenda for a meeting with my senior team.
- Tuesday, I’m back at work, ready and raring for another big quarter.
That’s my mini-break plan – what’s yours?
Get it done – today!