Do something DICEE
Tuesday, July 12, 2011/
I love a good acronym in business.
In fact, one of my big KPIs (key performance indicators) is that I TCB (take care of business) by getting a good ROI (return on investment) with strong SCM (supply chain management) of DRs (direct reports).
Nope, I have no idea what that means either.
But with this in mind, I’d like to introduce you to a new acronym I’ve learned from management guru Guy Kawasaki: DICEE, which stands for:
– Deep – lots of features and functionality.
– Intelligent – the product/service is a well-thought out solution that fixes a problem.
– Complete – great products offer a whole solution, not a partial one.
– Empowering – great products make you feel more productive or creative of just better!
– Elegant – great products are designed well.
According to Kawasaki, this acronym should describe the product or solution after it has been perfected.
“It is much easier to enchant people with quality than crap,” Kawasaki says.
Hard to argue with, it is.
GITD! (Or get it done, today!)