Ernest & Young have announced the 84 entrepreneurs in the running for the 2013 Australian Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
The nominees come from a wide range of industries from renewable energy and biotech, to media and entertainment and construction.
Nominees are grouped in regional groups. After panel interviews, regional winners will be announced in July and August. The regional winners will go on to the national round, the results of which will be announced 21 November 2013.
The national winner will be part of an international cohort of award-winning entrepreneurs from more than 50 countries. They will represent Australian entrepreneurs in Monte Carlo next year at the World Entrepreneur of the Year.
Bryan Zekulich, Ernst & Young Oceania Entrepreneur Of The Year Leader said: “Entrepreneurs are passionate and innovative individuals who make a significant contribution to the Australian business community, creating jobs, boosting our economy and inspiring others to reach their potential”.
Along with the nominees for Entrepreneur of the Year, Ernest & Young have also announced a social entrepreneur and Champion of Entrepreneurship winner for each region.
The 2013 Champions of Entrepreneurship are Frank Seeley AM of Seeley International ; Terry White AO of Terry White Chemists; Rod Jones of Navitas; John Grill of WorleyParsons; and Gerry Ryan OAM of Jayco and GreenEDGE.
The 2013 social entrepreneurs are Nicholas Lee of The Jodi Lee Foundation; Dr Fiona Wood AM of The Fiona Wood Foundation; Professor Stephen MacMahon of The George Institute for Global Health; Allan Turner of Zaidee’s Rainbow Foundation; and Hetty Johnston of Bravehearts Inc.
The central region includes South Australia and the Northern Territory. The regional winners will be announced Thursday, 25 July 2013.
- Mario Andreacchio – AMPCO Films
- Russell Bianco – Bianco Precast
- Angela Giacoumis – Careerlink Training and Recruitment Services
- Jock Gordon – MenuPad
- Phil Hoffman AM – Phil Hoffman Travel
- Robin Johnson – Robin Johnson Engineering
- Anthony Kittel – Redarc
- Tony Maiello – Essential Beauty
- Vince Manuele – Manuele Engineers
- Paul Martin – Aerial Photography Specialists
- Kim McNamara – KJM Contractors
- Anthony Romeo – Romeo’s Retail Group
- Peter Rowe – Petrol Services Australia
- Aaron Superina – Outside Ideas
The northern region nominees are from Queensland and the winners will be announced Thursday, 8 August 2013.
- Dr Andy Boud and Dr Alex Streit – ImmersaView
- Ben Bradshaw – SponsoredLinX
- Kate Farrar – QEnergy
- Vanessa Garrard – E3 Style
- Damian Hackett – Place Estate Agents
- Fred Mohammed – Crane Trucks R Us
- Tracey Robertson and Nathan Mayfield – Hoodlum
- Glenn Rutherford – Aero-Care Flight Support
- Mark Scherrer – Ferra Engineering
- Kerren Smith – J. Smith and Sons
The western region nominees are from Western Australia and the winners will be announced Thursday, 22 August 2013.
- Paul Blackburne – Blackburne Property Group
- Jeff Elliott – CSA Global
- Rob Evans – Velrada
- Jim Giumelli – Ertech Holdings
- Enzo Gullotti – Global Construction Services Limited
- Gavin Hegney – Hegney Property Group
- Olivia Humphrey – Kanopy
- Sam Keats – Living Environs Pty Ltd
- Roy Mellon – Proactiv Payroll
- Sue Pember – Aussie Orientation Services
- Mark Tuke – Sun Connect
- Frank Wilson – TFS Corporation Ltd
The eastern region nominees are from New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. The winners will be announced Thursday, 29 August 2013.
- Adam Boyle – Pegasus
- Dale Carr – LeadBolt
- Alistair Champion – Laser Clinics Australia
- Michael Chugg AM – Chugg Entertainment
- Richard Earl – Talent International
- Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin – BlueChilli
- Andrew Ferry – Baseplan Software
- Mark Green, Justin Drape and Scott Nowell – The Monkeys
- Michael Harte – Northbridge Network Systems
- Adina Jacobs and Ethan Nyholm – STM Bags
- Nicole Kersh – 4Cabling
- Brendan McAssey – Only About Children
- Tony Nash – Booktopia
- Sue-Ann San and Rachel Zeilic – stylestalker
- Iwan Sunito – Crown Group Holdings
- Karl Ye – GMP Pharmaceuticals
The southern region nominees are from Victoria and Tasmania. The winners will be announced on Thursday, 5 September 2013.
- Conrad Bates – C3 Business Solutions
- Stuart Elliott – Planet Innovation Pty Ltd
- Jackie Fairley – Starpharma Holdings Ltd
- Shesh Ghale – Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Carl Krumins – SMSGlobal
- David Kruse – kruse,media.
- Radek Sali – Swisse Wellness
- Jason Smith – Back in Motion Health Group
- Diane Tompson – The Powercom Group
- Fergus Watts – Subfour
- Jason Wyatt and Sam Salter – BikeExchange
- Shane Young – PETStock
For more information on the program and awards, click here.