When you are trying to generate ideas, it is well worth bringing as many people into the process as possible. Some of the people you should enlist for help include:
- Staff. They know the business best and are often brimming with ideas to improve processes and systems and develop new products.
- Customers. Feedback from customers should provide a steady flow of ideas for product improvements.
- Suppliers. Your suppliers may be able to spot subtle changes in your raw materials or product specifications that can save you money or increase sales.
- Consultants. Paying for an expert to come in an access your business can be a good way to tap into expert opinion.
- Mentors. Your support team will be able to bring experience and industry knowledge to the innovation process.
Sign up for SmartCompany newsletter.
Free to your inbox every weekday
You'll also receive messages on behalf of our partners. You can opt-out at any time.