Useful Mac keyboard shortcuts
Monday, December 13, 2010/
Many computer users would be aware of simple Windows shortcuts, but there are plenty available for OSX machines. Here are a few Mac keystrokes you may not have known of.
- Fn-Arrow acts the same as using Page Up and Page Down on a Windows machine.
- Ctrl-Cmd-D pops up a dictionary for any highlighted world.
- Cmd-Q exits the current program or application.
- Opt-Cmd-Escape brings up the force quit menu.
- Ctl-Eject opens the pop-up box for shutting down and restarting the computer.
- Ctrl-Opt-Cmd-Eject shuts the computer down.
- Cmd – O opens any highlighted folder.
- Cmd-J – opens the Options panel.
- Shift-Cmd-Delete clears the Trash folder.
From the frontlines
Five critical questions: Are you listing your startup too soon? Lisa Schutz Verifier founder
Ignoring your ‘obnoxious roommate’: What this founder learnt when she met Arianna Huffington Michelle Gallaher ShareRoot CEO
Sex appeal, runways and mature markets: Everything Guy Pearson learnt during his $26 million Series B raise Guy Pearson Practice Ignition CEO
Barriers from the outset: Why the government’s Boosting Female Founders Initiative is unlikely to succeed Laura Keily Immediation founder