The health of a startup ecosystem is not just indicated by deal activity and volume but by the variety, breadth and depth of the industries where disruptive businesses are emerging.
If you’ve been wondering about the Aussie startup scene diagnosis please wonder no further, and check out these awesome businesses I met last week:
- The Social.Folio app is a portfolio platform for models, disrupting traditional agency casting by combining a talent portfolio with social media measures to commercialise an individual’s influence.
- Obzervr replaces outdated paper-based field service methods by closing the gap between remote field workers and head office with a mobile platform for quicker data collection, process automation and results visualisation.
- The EpiSoft platform provides hospitals and consultants with clinical network software to manage cases, monitor and de-risk treatment plans, and benchmark patient data for better health outcomes.
- Konnective is a secure internal messaging app for any organisation, a mission critical WhatsApp that goes beyond just messaging to deliver broadcast and personalised communications such as polls, surveys and beyond.
- Aerosafe are experts in aviation risk management, and deliver a scalable resources toolkit empowering the aviation industry to deliver best practice risk management.
- Booking Boss brings enterprise-quality booking & inventory management to the tourism industry’s “little guy” – tour operators and attractions across Australia, Asia and beyond.
- Kindom is an online parenting hub that delivers a community, support, advice and services to parents navigating their way to better health & wellbeing outcomes for their kids.
- The Human Microbiome Project and an evidence-based menu database meet inVictus Health, an ahead-of-the-curve platform for clinicians and doctors to deliver personalised nutritional plans.
- PlanDo puts you back in charge of your own career development, with a platform that focusses on equipping you with all the tools you need to achieve, grow and make your best contribution, role to role across your working life.
So that’s actually only nine businesses, but thinking about it now, the heading of this post should have mentioned 14 as I also met these guys observing the week’s shenanigans: Group Together makes buying a group gift easy, Bookmarc is an online platform for architects and designers, Freddi Studio develops code-free apps, Modi Bodi is stylish leakproof underwear, and iDats is a FinTech company enabling loyalty & rewards on payments.
Overall, an inspiring and varied bunch of businesses solving real world and globally-relevant problems for their customers.
These are proud participants of Springboard’s program and an irrefutable testament to Australia’s robust startup scene.
This article was first published on the Mentorloop blog.