Learning to operate Windows through shortcuts is often difficult, but mastering some of the more common commands can make you work faster and without interruption. Here some of the most common shortcuts to help you out:
- F1 – Windows Help
- F10 – Shows menu options
- Shift + F10 – Opens shortcut for selected item
- CTRL + ESC – Opens Start Menu
- CTRL + SHIFT + ESC – Opens Windows Task Manager
- ALT + SPACE – Displays main System menu
- ALT + F4 – Closes current window
- Windows + M – Minimises all windows to desktop
- ALT + F6 – Move between multiple windows in the same program
- ALT + TAB – Move between open programs
- CTRL+C – Copy
- CTRL+B – Bold
- CTRL+U – Underline
- CTRL+I – Italic
- CTRL+X – Cut
- CTRL+V – Paste
- CTRL+Z – Undo
For even more shortcuts check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449.
Get daily business news.
The latest stories, funding information, and expert advice. Free to sign up.