Find and replace text in Word

This article first appeared on May 7th, 2012.


It happens all the time. You write a document and then figure out you were meant to use one word or phrase, and you’ve actually used the wrong word.


It’s actually not a problem at all. Savvy Word users would know this already, but the program has an ability to “find and replace” text with other phrases.


To do so, click on the small “replace” button on the top right-hand side of the screen. There, you’ll be given the option to find any instances of a particular word, and then replace it with something else. It’ll save you a lot of time.


Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments