With the release of Windows Phone 7 in Australia, Microsoft has really stepped up in the smartphone war. A variety of devices are now available for local users to purchase, giving Apple some much-needed competition.
But with this relatively new OS, users may still be a little confused about how to find their way around. Here are some quick tips you might find useful for your new Windows Phone 7 gadget:
Get daily business news.
The latest stories, funding information, and expert advice. Free to sign up.
- SkyDrive is a Microsoft service which allows users to back-up their data. This option can be disabled in the Settings, then Picture & Camera, and then “Auto Upload” section.
- Users are also able to upload pictures straight to Facebook by checking the “Upload to Facebook” option. The phone will give you this option every time you view a picture.
- The Zune player on the phone actually works without having you accessing it first. You just need to click the volume button and the music player will display.
- To toggle location services, go to Location, then Settings and move the slider to on or off.
- If you don’t like geo-tagging, then you can go to Settings, Applications, Picture & Camera and then choose “off” next to “include location (GPS) information in pictures you take”.