One of the better features when using a smartphone is that if you use backup software and your phone fails, you can simply load up your files again and then everything, including texts, apps and other files, is just as you left them.
Unfortunately, many users don’t even know how to do this. For iPhone users, syncing with iTunes and restoring from backups are complete unknowns.
If your phone is acting up, here’s how to wipe everything and start again.
- Each time you sync your iPhone, all your contacts, texts, etc are backed up. Sync your phone in iTunes and create a new backup.
- On the iPhone summary page, click “Restore”.
- Your phone will go through a number of different updates, and will reinstall the software. After a few minutes, when the process is over, your phone will connect to iTunes again.
- When this happens, iTunes will give you two options. You can either set the iPhone up as a new phone, or restore from backup. Choose, “Restore from Backup”.
- You will be shown a dropdown list of backups. If you have multiples, choose the one you want, but most people will want to use the most recent one.
- Your phone will take a few minutes to backup. Once it’s finished, your iPhone will be back to normal, as if nothing had happened.