One of the most common complaints about smartphones is that their battery life is drastically reduced when using the phone’s most attractive features – the internet, video, etc.
It’s something you’ll have to get used to, which is why you should take a few tips on how to preserve battery life:
- Reduce the screen brightness. You can get by if you reduce the brightness and you won’t be hurting your eyes.
- Keep the iPhone out of the sun, especially in cars. Heating the gadget up unnecessarily will drain it severely.
- Turn on the auto-lock to the shortest amount of time.
- Use airplane mode when you aren’t using the internet.
- Use Wi-Fi as much as possible instead of connecting to 3G networks.
- Reduce Push notifications if you aren’t using them.
- Disable location services
Download your email manually, rather than having the iPhone automatically grab new downloads every 15 minutes. This can be changed in the Settings folder.