US business coach Susan Reid has come up with a concept – based on her own experiences, it seems – called the “accidental-pren-her” – a woman who, to her own surprise, finds herself starting up a business for the very first time.
How do you know if you’re an accidental-pren-her? Small Business Trends has a list of 10 questions you can ask to help you decide if you fit the label:
- You want what you are doing to make a difference in the world.
- You like living life on your own terms.
- You are not easily defeated. Where others see failure, you see opportunity.
- You are a creative and innovative thinker.
- You are a calculated risk-taker. Fear tempers you, not stops you.
- You are highly self-motivated.
- You have a wide range of interests and do many things well.
- You engaged in entrepreneurial activities as a child.
- You like making money.
- You have an abundance of sustainable energy.
You can help us (and help yourself)
Small and medium businesses and startups have never needed credible, independent journalism and information more than now.
That’s our job at SmartCompany: to keep you informed with the news, interviews and analysis you need to manage your way through this unprecedented crisis.
Now, there’s a way you can help us keep doing this: by becoming a SmartCompany supporter.
Even a small contribution will help us to keep doing the journalism that keeps Australia’s entrepreneurs informed.