What’s ahead in marketing? The latest issue of Marketing magazine has asked the experts and made some predictions for 2008.
- The digital evolution of traditional media will step up a notch.
- Despite the continued rise of new media, traditional mass media will still be valued for its reach.
- Interactive and digital channels will be key.
- Marketing communications will be far more personalised.
- Companies will increasingly be held to account for their environmental and social footprints.
Here are some hot tips from the experts too:
Sign up for SmartCompany newsletter.
Free to your inbox every weekday
You'll also receive messages on behalf of our partners. You can opt-out at any time.
- Tagging components of content – whether video, audio, or text – will increasingly provide an additional dimension around which advertising will be served.
- The overarching theme in advertising and the community will be environmental responsibility
- A major competitor for Second Life will emerge, taking advantage of the world’s technical problems.
- Behavioural targeting will finally deliver on its promise as the technology comes of age and the accessible audience reaches critical mass.