Hot marketing tips for 2008
Tuesday, November 27, 2007/
What’s ahead in marketing? The latest issue of Marketing magazine has asked the experts and made some predictions for 2008.
- The digital evolution of traditional media will step up a notch.
- Despite the continued rise of new media, traditional mass media will still be valued for its reach.
- Interactive and digital channels will be key.
- Marketing communications will be far more personalised.
- Companies will increasingly be held to account for their environmental and social footprints.
Here are some hot tips from the experts too:
- Tagging components of content – whether video, audio, or text – will increasingly provide an additional dimension around which advertising will be served.
- The overarching theme in advertising and the community will be environmental responsibility
- A major competitor for Second Life will emerge, taking advantage of the world’s technical problems.
- Behavioural targeting will finally deliver on its promise as the technology comes of age and the accessible audience reaches critical mass.
Accounting software does not underpay staff — humans do Stacey Price Healthy Business Finances founder
Google has updated its search algorithm: Say hello to BERT Lucas Bikowski SEO Shark managing director
Five ways to mentally prepare for the brutal capital-raising process Stacey Fisher Minnow Designs co-owner
You are not your job: Four work-life balance tips to ease you into Christmas Jackie Rahilly Appoint co-founder
Ignoring your ‘obnoxious roommate’: What this founder learnt when she met Arianna Huffington Michelle Gallaher ShareRoot CEO