Hot marketing tips for 2008
Tuesday, November 27, 2007/
What’s ahead in marketing? The latest issue of Marketing magazine has asked the experts and made some predictions for 2008.
- The digital evolution of traditional media will step up a notch.
- Despite the continued rise of new media, traditional mass media will still be valued for its reach.
- Interactive and digital channels will be key.
- Marketing communications will be far more personalised.
- Companies will increasingly be held to account for their environmental and social footprints.
Here are some hot tips from the experts too:
- Tagging components of content – whether video, audio, or text – will increasingly provide an additional dimension around which advertising will be served.
- The overarching theme in advertising and the community will be environmental responsibility
- A major competitor for Second Life will emerge, taking advantage of the world’s technical problems.
- Behavioural targeting will finally deliver on its promise as the technology comes of age and the accessible audience reaches critical mass.
Amantha Imber runs a successful business — but she still has impostor syndrome Amantha Imber Inventium founder
Your future customers: How to crack the gen Z code Simon Slade Affilorama co-founder
Four stupid business decisions that burnt through $1 million Ian Whitworth Scene Change co-founder
Why corporate content will send your customers running Luke Buesnel Story League director
How to write the perfect job advertisement Alex Hattingh Employment Hero chief people officer
How to outshine the millions of websites ranking poorly on Google Adam Rowles Inbound Marketing founder