Entrants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to enter StartupSmart’s So You Think You Can Startup competition:
- Your company has an operational base in Australia and intends to grow in Australia for at least the next 3 years.
- Commercial prospects for your company’s product, service or process should be good with realistic, effective routes to market. With support, you should be able to demonstrate the potential to attract future private investment to facilitate your continued growth.
- If your company’s product/service/process requires the rights to IP you should have access to it before applying.
- Your company must be incorporated.
- You must be a B2B company.
- With support, your company should have the necessary management and technical expertise to make the product, service or process a success.
- You must be available to attend the Live Pitching event in Sydney on Thursday 6th February in the event that your pitch is shortlisted as a finalist. Finalists will be expected to fund their own travel and accommodation.
The So You Think You Can Startup Competition (“Competition”) are conducted by Private Media, ABN 11 102 933 362 of Level 6, 22 William Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
1. By entering this competition:
a. You agree that you have the capacity to enter the Competition
b. You agree to the Terms and Conditions on how to enter the Competition.
c. The Term commences when you submit an entry into the Competition, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and ends on 31 October 2014
2. In order to enter the Competition and be eligible to win, you must:
a. Comply with the Terms; and
b. Submit your entry online by midnight, Australian Eastern Standard Time, on 13th January 2014
3. Private Media reserves the right to declare any entry ineligible if, during the Term, in the reasonable option of Private Media:
a. You are considered unable to reasonably represent or promote the Competition in a satisfactory manner; or
b. You have not complied with these Terms or your entry form is incomplete; or
c. Information provided by you is deficient, false or misleading in any way
4. Competition entrants give Private Media and its partners permission to market products and services to you as they see fit during the Term
5. You agree to be available to assist in publicising the Competition as required by Private Media and any other partners, unless in exceptional circumstances, with Private Media’s agreement
6. During the Term, Private Media or the Competition sponsors may use:
a. Your personal identity in any advertisement or other material in any media which promotes the Competition or the products or services of Private Media, or any Sponsors
b. By entering the Competition you agree to allow Private Media and the Sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the Competition and to take photos or video footage of you which Private Media may use for their future promotional and marketing purposes
7. At any time during the Term, Private Media reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms
8.If you, or your business, is involved in any conduct that is:
c. May harm the Competition, Private Media, or their name or reputation; or
d. Breaches these Terms
Private Media may, at its discretion, withdraw any award or associated prizes that you have received. If requested by Private Media, you agree to no longer publically promote yourself or your business (if relevant) as being associated with the Competition, Private Media or the Sponsors
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence, negotiation or argument will be entered into
10. Private Media accepts no responsibility for entries not received by Private Media for any reason
11. All entry submissions and intellectual property in entry submissions are the property of Private Media
12. Private Media, at their sole discretion, have the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Competition at any time
13. If you wish to gain access to, update or correct any personal information held by Private Media or withdraw your consent to receive further marketing material from Private Media about their products or services, you may do so by contacting
The Office Manager Private Media Pty Ltd Level 6, 22 William St Melbourne, VIC, 3000