DIGITAL PRODUCER – CREATIVE SOLUTIONS – Melbourne
SmartCompany.com.au and Crikey.com.au are on the hunt for a well-organised and energetic Digital Producer to work in its Creative Solutions team
Purpose of the Role
The Digital Producer will provide technical and creative support for sales, marketing and editorial campaigns. The Digital Producer will be responsible for the design and creation of online materials such as flash and animated .gif ads, landing pages, eBooks and eDMs and assist in maintaining and building both websites’ social media assets.
Get business news first
Sign up to SmartCompany’s daily newsletter
The day-to-day duties of the Digital Producer will include:
- Maintaining content on SmartCompany.com.au and Crikey.com.au using both Joomla and WordPress CMSs
- Developing landing pages for promotions, events and editorial features
- Building online ads in Flash and animated .GIF formats
- Page layout and design of eBooks using InDesign and Adobe Acrobat
- Graphic design including logo, button and landing page design and image retouching using Photoshop
- Optimising pages for SEO and SEM purposes
- Updating social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
The following skills are essential to be considered for the role:
- Advanced skill level in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, etc.
- Solid HTML skills including experience in building HTML emails, and web landing pages and forms.
- Experience in maintaining websites built in both WordPress and Joomla.
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO and SEM techniques.
- Solid understanding of and an active participant in social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and LinkedIn.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in digital media, design, marketing or IT.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- At least 1-2 years experience in an online business.
- A strong interest in news, business and current affairs would be an advantage.
- This is an ideal second career step for someone who has been exposed to online publishing and is eager to take on more responsibility and autonomy.
Salary: $45k Plus Super.
Please supply a resume, covering letter and digital folio to the Operations Manager Campbell Corser ccorser(at)smartcompany.com.au